Employers’ Liability Insurance Certificate
Click this link to download our Employers’ Liability Insurance Certificate (UK only)
You can also view an example letter confirming our Employers’ Liability (EL) and Public / Products Liability (PL) insurance cover for USA/Canda, and an example letter confirming our Employers’ Liability (EL) and Public / Products Liability (PL) insurance cover for the rest of the World which we provide for our overseas distributors.
ISO 9001 Certificate
Click here to view the RAPID EPS ISO 9001 certificate confirming our quality management system complies with the international ISO standard.
ISO 14001 CERTIFICATE
Click here to view the RAPID EPS ISO 14001:2004 certificate confirming our quality management system complies with the international ISO standard.
Edge Protection Federation Membership
RAPID EPS is a founding member of the Edge Protection Federation (EPF). Click here to view the certificate endorsing RAPID’s EPF membership.
What these international safety standards mean...
BRITAIN / EUROPE: BS EN 13374 Standard for Temporary Edge Protection Systems
RAPID EPS meet the standards for BS EN 13374:2013 for Class A and B Protection.
Edge protection systems are selected primarily based on the gradient of the surface for which they are to provide protection. The performance requirements for the various classes are detailed within the standard BS EN 13374 thus:
- Class A: Provides protection to flat surfaces and slopes generally up to 10º. It provides resistance to static loads and is based on the requirements to support a person leaning against, walking beside, and possibly stumbling against the edge protection.
- Class B: Provides protection to flat surfaces and slopes, generally up to 30º, and to even steeper slopes with short slope lengths. It provides resistance to both static and low dynamic loads and is based on the requirements to support a person leaning against, walking beside, possibly stumbling against and sliding down a sloping surface towards the edge protection.
Link to standard at BSI: BS EN 13374:2013 Temporary edge protection systems.
USA: OSHA 1926.502 Edge Protection Certification
Standards from the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, part of the United States Department of Labor. These standards are part of the Safety and Health Regulations for Construction, and relate to Fall protection systems criteria and practices.
Read full details of this standard here, on the OSHA website: OSHA 1926.502 Edge Protection Certification.
CANADA: Ontario 213/91 Construction Projects
Part of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, this standard covers that a guardrail system (an assembly of components joined together to provide a barrier to prevent a worker from falling from the edge of a surface) shall be used if a worker has access to the perimeter or an open side of any of the following work surfaces and is exposed to a fall of 2.4 metres or more:
- A floor, including the floor of a mezzanine or balcony.
- The surface of a bridge.
- A roof while formwork is in place.
- A scaffold platform or other work platform, runway or ramp
Read full details of this standard are here, on the Ontario e-Laws website: Ontario 213/91 Construction Projects
AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND AS/NZS 4994.1:2009
Temporary roof edge protection for housing and residential buildings. This standard provides requirements and guidance for designers of equipment for roof edge protection, to prevent workers from falling from roofs or other edges of buildings under construction whilst performing any work or carrying out any inspections on roofs of all types of buildings.
Full documentation of this standard is available to buy from the Standards Australia website here: AS/NZS 4994.1:2009