Work has started on the project to develop a learning community in Llantwit Major. The Llantwit Learning Community will be located on the existing site of Llantwit Major Comprehensive and will include enhanced sporting facilities for community use outside school hours.
The Llantwit Major Learning Community project will be a new nursery and a 2280 square metre primary school, the latter designed for 420 pupils. The project also consists of a four-storey new build secondary school and refurbishment, as well as a multi-use games area, featuring three courts, and an all-weather 3G pitch.
The Project will include:
- A new 2-Form entry, 420 place English medium primary to include a nursery and staff and visitor parking
- External play and learning areas
- A new extension to the existing secondary school
- Refurbishment of the existing Llantwit Major Comprehensive School main building
- A new All Weather Pitch with a 3G playing surface
- New drop off parking facilities and turning circle for all schools across the campus
Llantwit Major comprehensive is scheduled to be completed in September 2017. Rapid EPS is pleased to be supplying the project with over 1400 metres of Edge Protection including I Beam clamps, Rapid panels and stair equipment.